Steubenville, OH / Weirton, WV
Steubenville, OH is located along the Ohio River 33 miles from Pittsburgh. The city's name is derived from Fort Steuben, a 1786 fort that sat within the city's current limits and was named for German-Prussian military officer Baron Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben. Today, a replica of the fort is open to the public. Steubenville is known as the "City of Murals", after its more than 25 downtown murals. It is also known for the Steubenville Nutcracker Village, an annual Christmastime event.
Weirton, WV is a city in Brooke and Hancock counties. Located primarily in Hancock County, the city lies in the northern portions of the state's Northern Panhandle region. Weirton is home to a number of sites on the National Register of Historic Places including: Johnston-Truax House, Marland Heights Park and Margaret Manson Weir Memorial Pool, People's Bank, Dr. George Rigas House, and the Peter Tarr Furnace Site.
Steubenville and Weirton are principal cities of the Weirton–Steubenville, WV-OH Metropolitan Statistical Area, which had a 2010 population of 124,454 residents. Additionally, Weirton is part of Greater Pittsburgh, the 20th largest combined statistical area in the country with a 2016 estimated population of 2,635,228.